Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Flash Fiction

This is an oldie but a goodie...from my days of writing Flash Fiction (telling a story in 55 words).

"WHO'S OUT THERE?"

I was asleep when it happened.....
I awoke suddenly...sitting straight up in my bed!

The noise came from the living room.

My heart pounding,
grabbed the baseball bat kept by the bed.
Looked down the hall.
The noise getting louder!
Lifting the bat, getting ready........
Slowly peaking around the doorway..

Santa was eating cookies!!!!

4 comments:

Traveling Bells said...

Nice story...didn't know you did that! So glad you didn't accidentally give Santa a headache. Big hugs...

Anonymous said...

I hope you didn't give Santa a concussion. 'Cause I don't want him missing my house on Christmas Eve!

Big Hugs ♥xo

buffalodick said...

Old Santa joke..Woman hears noise downstairs..in her skimpy sleep wear, goes downstairs to find Santa! "Santa! I love you! Can you stay for a drink?" Santa looks at her with eyes bugging out and says; "HoHoHo, gotta go, lots of presents to deliver through the ice and snow!" She drops her gown, and says "Santa, are you sure you can't stay and have a drink?" Santa looks down at the growing bulge in his suit, and says "HeyHeyHey, gotta stay! Can't get back up the chimney this way!"

Akelamalu said...

LOL I think we must be on the same wavelength today - I wrote a 55 for Christmas to be posted in a couple of week quite similar to yours!