Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Friday, September 25, 2009
The older we get, the more important it is to incorporate exercise into our daily routine. This is necessary to maintain cardiovascular health and maintain muscle mass.
If you're over 40, you might want to take it easy at first, then do more repetitions as you become more proficient and build stamina. Warning: It may be too strenuous for some.
Always consult your doctor before starting any exercise program!
NOW SCROLL UP..
That's enough for the first day. Great job.
Have a glass of wine.
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Monday, September 21, 2009
For several years, a man was having an affair with an Italian woman.
One night, she confided in him that she was pregnant.
Not wanting to ruin his reputation or his marriage, he paid her a large
sum of money if she would go to Italy to secretly have the child.
Also if she stayed in Italy to raise the child, he would also provide
child support until the child turned 18.
She agreed, but asked how he would know when the baby was born.
To keep it discrete, he told her to simply mail him a post card, and
write 'Spaghetti' on the back.
He would then arrange for the Child Support Payments to begin.
One day, about 9 months later, he came home to his confused wife.
'Honey, 'she said, 'You received a very strange post card today.'
'Oh, just give it to me and I'll explain it later,' he said.
The wife obeyed and watched as her husband read the card, turned white, and fainted.
On the card was written:
Spaghetti, Spaghetti, Spaghetti, Spaghetti, Spaghetti.
Three with meatballs, two without...
Send extra sauce!
Saturday, September 19, 2009
I'm the happiest at this time of year (cept for my alleVrgies :-( (Oh, just for you info. I just heard on the news that it's also "Wife Appreciation Day", just saying.....).
I've been cleaning up my garden and getting ready to batten down the hatches for winter...since I planted a load of perennials this summer and want them to survive. I decided to trim my hedge that runs along one side of my house....and.................a few days later find my arms itching and welting up......POISON effing IVY!!!! I knew it was there but yet forgot it was there when I was cutting up the hedge (is that like cutting up a rug?) I was really into zip zip zipping with the hedge trimmer and completely forgot about it. Damn.....it's real ugly too and itchy as all hell. Oh well.
On a lighter note, I am making reservations to take a cruise in the Greek Islands in October!
I feel it's time to get away. Up until now, I just didn't have the travel urge. I just wanted to stay home. But with time and good friends it feels like a darkness has lifted and I'm ready to come back into the light!!! SHINE ON!
Friday, September 11, 2009
Thursday, September 10, 2009
This is Tank at 7 months. Snotdog (his brother) has gradually allowed him to live in our house. Let's just say Snotdog(Spud) tolerates him now. Tank is a little terror. Did the word terrier come from terror????? :-) I still love him to pieces though. He really has gotten a little better with time. Let's just hope he calms down when he goes to the vet's next week for a little surgery.....(snip, snip)....sorry lil guy.
Friday, September 04, 2009
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch..
5.. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck..
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words 'In five years, will this matter?'
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
35. Don't audit life.. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38.. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's,we'd grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
42. The best is yet to come..
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift."