Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

I'm Still Alive and Well and Volunteering

Here's a shot of the "Reflecting Absence" Pool and waterfalls at the 9/11 Memorial and Museum. 
It's remarkable, it's amazing, it's holy ground.  It took my breath away.  It's the first time I've been there since 2001 and really didn't know how I was going to react. I found my friends' names on the wall and hung out with them for a bit...... it was healing and peaceful.

They did  a remarkable job there.  Hundreds of trees around the two pools make it so serene.  And even though there were hundreds of people at the site, it had a silent and respectful atmosphere.
I'm glad I did it.

I decided to volunteer at the site a few times a month.  I greet and lead the visitors into the site.  It's nice to give back a little since so many lives were given to get this.

Peace

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful tribute to your work family/friends! I think that will be a great tool for healing.

Been thinking of ya. Hugs!

Barb said...

What a perfectly lovely thing to do. Glad you popped in to say hello!

Big hugs xoxo

Traveling Bells said...

I think we all need to give back and pay it forward.

Peace be with you...

Claudia said...

I'm so glad to hear that!! <3 to you...

secret agent woman said...

Glad you are well.

I'd like to visit that memorial - it does look peaceful.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

I think that peaceful space and you are a perfect combination. They are lucky to have you. I hope to see it soon, too.

Patti said...

I'm glad I stopped by, Odat. I didn't know whether you were still blogging.
Glad to see you are.

It does indeed look peaceful there.


That's great that you will be volunteering there!

take care