Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Monday, April 30, 2007

Mouse Balls




I will never look at my mouse the same again...... poor lil guy....

IBM Mouse Balls..."Memo of the Month"

This is an actual alert to IBM Field Engineers that went out to all IBM Branch Offices. The person who wrote it was very serious. The rest of us find it rather funny.

Abstract: Mouse Balls Available as FRU (Field Replacement Unit)

Mouse balls are now available at FRU. Therefore, if a mouse fails to operate or should it perform erratically, it may need a ball replacement. Because of the delicate nature of this procedure, replacement of mouse balls should only be attempted by properly trained personnel.
Before proceeding, determine the type of mouse balls by examining the underside of the mouse. Domestic balls will be larger and harder than foreign balls. Ball removal procedures differ depending upon manufacturer of the mouse. Foreign balls can be replaced using the pop-off method. Domestic balls are replaced using the twist-off method. Mouse balls are not usually static sensitive. However, excessive handling can result in sudden discharge. Upon completion of ball replacement, the mouse may be used immediately.
It is recommended that each replacer have a pair of spare balls for maintaining optimum customer satisfaction, and that any customer missing his balls should suspect local personnel of removing these necessary items.

Peace

13 comments:

Michael C said...

I just love big corporations.
Oh, and I do have to admit I cleaned my mouse ball about a week and a half ago...

Odat said...

michael, was it a domestic ball or a foreign ball? I hope you didn't handle it excessively... ;-)

Dean aka Sgt Dub said...

I'm not sure I like pop-off or twist off.

Danielle said...

Silly girl.
I have to clean my mouse balls very often, they get quite the workout with the rats playing on the computer.

Sarge Charlie said...

I'm with dub, twist off would suck,... oh what did i say???????

Schmoop said...

I bet one needs special tiny instuments to work on mouse balls.

CS said...

Funny, but I flat out don't believe it. This has to be satire.

thethinker said...

That's hilarious. Are you sure it's real?

Maria said...

Obviously he/she needs a major VACATION! LOL

All the best,
M

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

hey my mouse doesn't have any balls, is it a girl mouse? it says laser. does that stand for "ladies are strongly encouraged really"? that's what i thought too.

smiles, bee

Odat said...

sgt dub, i hope you don't like either!

Danielle, I don't have mouse balls. ;-)

sarge charlie...oh my...lol

matt-man, tiny doesn't "cut" it with me.....

cs...not sure...but I googled it and the internet says it's true, so it must be ;-)

thinker, not really sure...

my, or sompin!!!

bee, I have a girl mouse too!

Peace

Sunrunner said...

Oh no! What in the world was that person thinking putting out a memo like that?? Hilarious!!

Anonymous said...

te-he-heee!