Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Monday, February 07, 2011

Movie Time


Have you even been to one of those new movie theaters where they serve you dinner while watching a movie? I have. It was just too cool.

It was a rainy, foggy Saturday so I called my friend, Twinhead, and asked if she was up for going, and off we went.

The seats are overstuffed, very comfortable recliners with a table that slides in front of you. The wait staff comes with a menu and you chose your meal and drink. If you need anything during the movie you just press a button and they come and serve you! And, if you order popcorn, you get a giant bowl with endless refills! The food wasn't bad. I had a cheeseburger and it was rather tasty. You could also order cocktails and they even have a bar in the lobby.
Then they come around with a hot wet towel for you to clean up with. It was wild! and at the end of the movie they come around with a platter of chocolates.

Oh, the movie we saw was James Cameron's "Sanctum", in 3D. Was an interesting movie. The scenery was absolutely gorgeous. It was suspenseful and I enjoyed it. (It was about cave diving and exploration).

(Twinhead fell asleep and was amazed that a few people were, uh, missing from the screen when she woke up. Man, she can fall asleep anywhere!)

Peace

8 comments:

Sarge Charlie said...

I did not know about those theaters, sounds very cool....

Barb said...

Dinner and a movie AT the movies? No, I had not heard of those!

I rarely go to the movies. It's been years and years, actually. I'm a DVD kinda gal!

Big hugs :]

Akelamalu said...

WOW that sounds cool! I'm sure we don't have those here - yet.

Traveling Bells said...

We just barely have a regular movie theatre in Mayberry, where dinner is popcorn!

Sandee said...

Wow this is my kind of movie house. If one pops up here I'll surely go. Way cool.

Have a terrific day Odat. :)

secret agent woman said...

I'd probably fall asleep in a super comfy chair, too.

Twinhead said...

Thanks for understanding secret agent woman......ah, now everyone knows and will wait for me to fall asl....ZZZZZZZZ

Claudia said...

Cave diving scares the bejeezus outta me! I might have to go see it just so I can give people a good reason why I will not go cave diving, haha.