Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Monday, June 05, 2006

Seeing the Light


Sometimes life hands us dirt. By that I mean sometimes things don't go exactly the way we'd like them to and it seems so unfair and it hurts, hurts real bad. Seems like it'll never get better. So we lash out and hurt those things or people that hurt us. In effect, all this does is make the cycle of hurt keep going, when all we want is for it to cease. It can stop, you know. I've found that I must take responsibility for my part in it all and acknowledge that it's not all one sided, take a deep breath and then become grateful. Yes be grateful for it because once i've crossed over to the other side of the pain and darkness, things look and feel so different...brighter even.
I have found that when I go through the pain, I grow. Lessons are learned because now I have it in my experience. I know at my very essence what it feels like. So now, I don't fear the painful times so much, I look at them as my growing spurts! And if I don't learn any lessons, then shame on me!

No comments: