Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Food and Silly Memories


Last night I made a great pot of lentil soup! I'm trying really hard to eat good, fresh food. I put lots of garlic, onions, celery, spicy hot diced tomatoes, fresh baby spinach, and of course, lentils. It was out of this world, if I may say so myself. And of course a good loaf of Italian bread from the bakery. Oh and topped off with parmigiana cheese. I made enough to feed an army (just like Mom used to do and I used to yell at her). But hey, if you're in the neighborhood, stop by and I'll feed ya!

I'm off from work again today. I've had lots of appointments with lawyers and bankers and brokers, oh my! I'm hoping to rap up all the paperwork soon and get started on the house.
I went to Home Depot three times already this week. Hub would roll over in his ashes if he knew I was going there all on my own volition. Every time he mentioned going to Home Depot I would scream "nooooooooooooo, I hate that place"! So that became another one of our standing jokes. He'd always threaten to take me to Home Depot if I wasn't good....lol. So each time I go there, I smile. Ya see, every where I go and every thing I do has something silly connected to it. That's how we lived, being silly. So, my advice...do something silly today....and it'll live in the minds of those around you.

Peace

21 comments:

buffalodick said...

We have a Lowes' by our house. When we redid the kitchen and bathrooms we were up there 3 times a week, also! Half the people shopping are there because they want to be, the other half(me!) of them are there because something broke, or went wrong!

Anonymous said...

Good advice. I live for silliness.

And I spend an absurd amount of time at Hme Depot's twin, Lowes.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dianne said...

My son and my brother both have the same saying - "I forgot what you told me, it must have been important, I only remember the silly stuff" -

Home Depot used to intimidate me - but it's amazing how much you learn when you need to. I can find stuff that just a few years ago I didn't know existed.

Ian said...

I definitely approve of silliness. :)

Ian

Casdok said...

The soup sounds divine!
And heres to the silly stuff of life!

Schmoop said...

Continue to enjoy the big pot of soup and the silliness. Cheers!!

RW said...

I'll take a cup of soup Odat! Home Depot Good, thats my church lol! Have a awesome day Odat!!

Anonymous said...

No Home Depot for me...if they don't have a shoe department, they obviously don't want me as a customer! Should I set the table in the conference room tomorrow for the left over soup? Miss you and all of your silliness!
Twinhead.

Jeff B said...

Silly is as silly does.

I'm at Home Depot so much whenI walk in they yell out my name like Norm on Cheers.

Michael C said...

I love your approach and as you could probably guess, live the very same way. Have a great day at The Depot.

;-)

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Thanks for the good advice. May silliness come your way.

Open Grove Claudia said...

I wish I could express how much I admire you. In a world that can be so stagnant, you are really moving forward. I am impressed. Because I'm not sure I would leave the bed on a day filled with lawyers and paperwork.

No wonder he loved you so much - and you him. I hope you can draw strength from that love.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

sarge is busy working on your thursday warmup! good advice odat!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxooxoxox

Akelamalu said...

It's so good that you remember all the laughter times wherever you go - you must have laughed a lot! x

Patti said...

GREAT advice on the silliness. I try my best to keep a sense of humor and find funny stuff where others might not notice it.

That soup sounds great. You will have a lot left over, unless Spud helps you eat it.

;-)

Sandee said...

I already to silly things every day. It's what life is all about. Excellent reminder. Have a great day Odat. Big {{{hug}}}. :)

M@ said...

I have an image of a vegan hippy from college saying, "Theses lentils are righteous!"

Frickin' moron. This STEAK is righteous.

The CEO said...

There's nothing silly about Lentil Soup. Sounds delicious. I wish I was in the neighborhood.

Monty

Say It said...

You are amazing.

LAC said...

Excellent suggestion. I could use some silly today.

Stay strong.