HeartinSanFran tagged me for the "10 Things Meme" to list 10 things I like about myself.
Heart did her list with charm, intelligence, caring and humor that she usually portrays in her blogs. She's a terrific writer and I love reading her because she takes you right there when she does and is so "heart"felt. I thank her for enriching my life with her stories and wit.
In tagging me with this meme, she said about me.. "I love her sense of fun and her quirky charm which brightens the blogosphere for so many. " Wow...I do? I have absolutely no idea what I do here and my intent in doing it is just to have some fun, so her words mean an awful lot to me and I thank her for that.
So, here's a list of 10 things I like about myself:
1) My sense of humor and fun. It gets me through a lot and often gets me in trouble. But I'm at a point in my life that it doesn't matter! And that's a great feeling!
2) My curly hair. It's about time! I mean I've had it all my life and did everything I could to straighten it, but now, I've accepted it, (maybe cause I got it from Dad :-) I've grown it long and just love the way it looks.
3) My sense of fashion, althought I'm sure there are those who don't feel the same..hehe.
I like funky things, colorful things, big jewelry, wild shoes.... and altho I work in a very conservative office I still dress funky in spite of it. (I even got my first tatoo just last summer).
4) I've had the opportunity to be blessed with a Mom who did her best with my brother and I and I now have the opportunity to serve her in her last days here. She's has alzheimers and is in a nursing home now. But I go there every chance I get and sit with her and make her laugh and smile. I like that.
5) I've been independent most of my life.
My stubborness has gotten in the way of having people help me when I needed it though. I've always been one to learn how to do "things" in order not to ask for help. I like learning new things, however, there are times when help is needed and at this point in my life I don't hestitate to ask for help. ( Help me pllleeeaassseeeee!)
6) I'm a good cook. I love to cook, although I don't make so much time for it today. My dream is to someday have a great big kitchen in order to do this a lot more often. My Mom was a great cook and made meals that could feed an army. She was always giving away food to all the neighbors...I remember telling her that she made too much all the time. Guess who does the same thing today????? Know any armies that need a cook?
7) My accomplishments (way too many to list here, hehe). I worked hard to get where I am today, against all odds and in spite of myself.
8) My intuition. I have this uncanny ability to just know things. But sometimes I'm just afraid to follow it's path, unfortunately for me.
9) I don't have any regrets. I've always told people that if I had my life to live all over again, I'd do it exactly the way I've done it...I like myself today and I wouldn't be this way had I done things differently.
10) Seeing the world without "rose colored glasses". In the past, I used drugs and alchohol to block out reality. Now I use my sense of wonder and curiousity to bring it back......and it's a wonderful feeling.
Thank you Heart for allowing me to take a look/see into me again....I must do this every once in a while to take stock and to see just how far I've come, or not!
If you want to do this 10 Things You Like About Yourself, please do....I recommend it.