Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Oops


I feel a little bad, but not that bad. While at work I was forced to attend a ceremony of sorts. I really hate this protocal stuff and I went reluctantly. I walked in the back way and stood by the wall all the way back from the front as one could get. I leaned against the wall. I was trying to look cool. The "master of ceremonies" was announcing awards. All the big shots were sitting up in front, nodding and smiling (geeze), when all of a sudden the lights went out. All the brown noses went looking for the source of the outage, turning switches on and off. Nothing. These were timer lights so even if you flicked the switch back on, it would take a while before the lights came back up.

It was then I realized I had leaned on the switch and accidently switched off the lights. Oops.
I turned into one of the brown noses and started looking around to see where the problem was coming from. Then, while everyone else was trying to figure out the problem, I very quietly exited the room.


Peace

18 comments:

Unknown said...

That is classic. You could not have done that better if you had planned it. I salute you.

On the other hand, if you had meant to do it you would have been caught and spanked.

Good job.

Later Y'all

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oops is right odat! ha ha ha...

smiles, bee

Claudia said...

well done!! hehehe!! meloncutter is right, you couldn't have done it better had you planned it!!

Dean aka Sgt Dub said...

You didn't plan it, right?

Schmoop said...

"Accidently" turned the lights out? I'm thinking it was intentional, which makes me think even more highly of you.

Ian said...

Hehe...how funny! That reminds me of a joke:

Q: How many corporate flunkies does it take to change a light bulb?

A: All of them.

Ian

Michael C said...

That is too funny my friend. I had an awards luncheon myself yesterday. I took one of the trophies that was the centerpiece on all of the tables for my office. Now I will truly be appreciated ;-)

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

You were the real power person in the room!

Odat said...

To all,
I swear I didn't plan it... ;-)
Peace

Pawlie Kokonuts said...

Perfect. A real switch-hitter. I wish you had done it on purpose. The Perfect Spy. Straight out of John Le Carre. Wonderful.

Sarge Charlie said...

my kind of girl, sorry but i must steal your button, i know there will be a use for in the future

Crankster said...

You kick ass. Seriously, you're cool even when you're not trying!

ramo said...

he he...it is so funny!

Maria said...

OOOPPPSSS!!!!

lol,
all the best, m

Parlancheq said...

Ha! I think I'll try that at the next lame work event I have to attend.

Lee said...

Haha! I woulda totally given myself away by laughing hysterically at myself til I got fired.

CS said...

This was the physical version of a Freudian slip - oops! was that me?! Way to go!

Danielle said...

cs beat me to my comment.