Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Award Time

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
- Anais Nin


Casdok,
beautiful mother of "C", gave me this wonderful award! She does a lot for the world by bringing attention to autism and does it with love and kindness for which "C" is oh so lucky and blessed to have such a Mom. This made my day. Thanks Cas!

I'd like to pass this along to all my blog buddies...because of all your great support and love and hugs you've all given me over the past month. It's meant at lot to me.


And....HeartinSanFrancisco
who I love and admire dearly and have been reading for a while now, had this so say:
"Odat at Odat's Mumbling epitomizes a classy lady. She always gives 300% to others with warmth and a wacky sense of humor and asks nothing in return, which is one of the reasons so many of us love her dearly."
Wow.
That made me cry, but in a good way, and I feel the same about her. Thank you Heart.....for this award...which my blog will wear proudly.

I have so many "best blogging buddies" that I've gotten to know and some of you I've even met over the years and some I've spoken to on the phone..... Blogging has opened up a whole new world to me. Thanks to all of you. With that said, I want to pass this award to:

My best blogging buddy:
Michael C, from The Wonderful World of Nothing Worthwhile
I think Michael is the second blog I ever read and have been reading him since he started. He should be writing for Saturday Nite Live ...a very funny guy.

and

Deb, my sarcastic, witty, blogging idol, from Boondoggled
She is the one who got me to blog in the first place, much to my protestations! I thank her for introducing me to this great forum! I also thank her for being a good friend. She's one of the "buddies" I actually met in person, on her way to Scotland she had a 5 hour layover at Newark Airport.

and to

Mike, owner of Notorious Tom.
The creator and director of the Writer's Experiment and the organizer of 55 Flash Fiction Friday
which got me off my lazy azz and got me to write a lil sompin original, and who is just a nice, nice man.

Peace

18 comments:

Schmoop said...

Congrats Odat, and have a most lovely day. Cheers!!

Casdok said...

Thank you Odat for your lovely words.
Blogging certainly does open up a whole new world.

buffalodick said...

Congrats on all your awards- you deserve them, and right now, they probably feel pretty good...

Deb said...

Thank you bestest chicklet. :-)

The CEO said...

You're surrounded, Odat, and will always be. You deserve the awards too. Have a Terrific Tuesday.

Monty

Sarge Charlie said...

I got to tell you, I wish I had said something as nice as HeartinSanFrancisco, I agree, WOW, but oh so true. Now I have to go to SanFran......

RW said...

Odat those are some great awards! Have a good day :D

Dianne said...

this entire post is surrounded by friendship and love

congrats on your well deserved awards and on the way you spread the love.

Peace

Anonymous said...

Wonderful awards and well deserved!! Congratulations :)

Open Grove Claudia said...

Hurray for such well deserved awards! Congratulations! :) Yippee!! Great choices too.

Akelamalu said...

You soooo deserve the awards Odat, heartfelt awards for a lady with a huge heart.

katherine. said...

well deserved....atta girl...

M@ said...

Anai anin. I remember her erotica....

Ralph said...

As always, you are sooooo deserving of these awards. The beauty within suits you so. Congrats!

Michael C said...

Awww thanks Odat. You truly are my Bestest Blogging Buddy and I think you left me my first comment ever. I will always be grateful for that and for you!!!!

Odat said...

Thanks and hugs to all of you!!
(even you Matt) ;-)
Peace

Patti said...

Odat, these awards are you. This post was beautiful.

You've got a lot of friends!

Unknown said...

Beautiful awards for a most beautiful soul...because that is what you are. Even during this time of your life, you bring to us your smiles and happiness.
Just remember in return we are here to do the same for you, and to be there when you don't feel like smiling or laughing too.

Big Mama Bear Hugs,
You are a very special person!