Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Friday, February 22, 2008

Book Meme

Patti, of Late Bloomer tagged me with the Book Meme

Here are the Rules:

1. Pick up the nearest book ( of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.

5. Tag five people & post a comment here once you post it to your blog, so I can come see.




I'm currently reading The Kite Runner "an unforgettable story of honor, courage and betrayal set in war-torn Afghanistan as two small boys test their friendship to its limits. Compelling, heartrending, and etched with details of a history never before told in fiction, The Kite Runner explores the ways in which we’re damned by our moral failures, and of the extravagant cost of redemption."
I'm enjoying the read...even though it is sad.

Here's what page 123, starting with the fifth sentence, plus two more, say:

"What I remember next is the blinding light of early morning as I climbed out of the fuel tank. I remember turning my face up to the sky, squinting, breathing like the world was running out of air. I lay on the side of the dirt road next to a rocky trench, looked up to the gray morning sky, thankful for air, thankful for light, thankful to be alive."

Thanks Patti for the tag and in turn, I'll tag the following five peeps:
Deb (Boondoggled)
Echomouse
Real Live Lesbian
Casdok (Mother of Shrek)

Enjoy!

Peace







9 comments:

Patti said...

Good post, Odat! I've heard that this book is a good one.

Have a good weekend. ;-)

Casdok said...

Great meme, and thanks for reminding me to put that book on my list to read!

Akelamalu said...

I really must get back to reading something other than blogs!

Echomouse said...

I've been wanting to read that book for a while. Hopefully I'll have my shelf cleared by Spring so I can do that. Love the excerpt you posted.

Thank you so much for including me. I just did the 123 Meme but I did it for a funny book. So for you, i'll do it again for a more serious book. :)

Unknown said...

I have yet to read that book, it is on my TBR list.
I did the Book Meme yesterday myself.
Have a great weekend sweet one.

Open Grove Claudia said...

This is great fun, Odat! I am amazed how the "pros" can write and it makes sense!

Hope your weekend is all right!

Sandee said...

This is a fun meme. I enjoyed your choice. Sounds like a very good book. Wishing you a great weekend Odat. Big hug. :)

katherine. said...

I enjoyed this book...it was difficult in some passages....but an excellent story!

Unknown said...

That’s a fun MEME. I’ve done it and am considering doing it again.