Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Saturday, December 09, 2006

GRATITUDE 101 Repost from June 28

This is a repost from last June that I felt appropriate to share again.

A fellow blogger recently posted her 100 things she was grateful for. It served to remind me that I used to do a gratitude list every night before I went to sleep, listing only five things on it. It seems that the words “used to” show up in my life a lot lately. Seems I may have forgotten about the present moment and spontaneity. I’ve got to move beyond this “stuck” point in my life….(maybe tomorrow) lol……

In the meantime, my gratitude list, randomly plucked out of my brain as I type along (I’m not going to number them given that I like the randomness of it all): a new day, Mom, coffee, good friends, music (all kinds depending on my mood of the moment, my years spent with hub(good and bad because it added to my essence), my sick sense of humor (it gets me thru the rough times), a good book (the kind again depends on my mood), did I mention coffee?, shower massages!!! ;-) , clean sheets, my job and the oh so nice people I work with, good and lasting friendships, meeting new people and fellow bloggers, on time train schedules, green lights, bright colors, new shoes, new clothes, old jeans and tee shirts, the peace and serenity that hit me maybe twice a year, smiles, kids laughing, the unconditional love of my lil dog, comfortable chairs, memories of Dad, the ability to write this list on this blog with these fingers and this computer, seeing laughter on people’s faces and their eyes lighting up because I’m there and vice versa, cooking, eating out, bbq, the ocean, the mountains, staying in bed on rainy or snowy days, having a bed to stay in, the color purple, the smell of lavender, working in a very nice part of NYC, my funky jewelry, a/c, sleep, ability to exercise, not drinking or smoking anymore, heat in winter, vacations, sunshine, love, moonlight coming thru my bedroom window, sex, makeup, makeup sex, razors, scented candles, dirt roads, snow, shovels, mittens, Seinfeld (speaking of makeup sex), funny movies, computer games, microwave ovens, pedicures, spray on tan, ice cubes, umbrellas, all stores, the ability to have money to purchase things in stores, my mom’s sense of humor (I think she gave me some), my dad’s smile and curly hair, paper clips, Velcro! , delete buttons, fresh mozzarella (orgasmic), sun glasses, cell phone covers with lil straps, light weight brief cases, shit, anything that’s light and lets me ease up on what I have to carry, my hairdresser, body lotion, linen spray, body paint, men, did I mention coffee? And sex? (Why does my mind always come back to coffee and sex?) which leads to my next grateful thing – therapists…lol, big windows, wild curtains, comfy slippers, matching underwear, comfortable bras, raincoats, baseball caps, beach towels, falling leaves, big old trees, butterflies, perfume, vanilla ice cream and the fact that I’m still breathing and appreciating what I have, what I am, and what I can become………”Live well, laugh often, love much”…..
Peace

6 comments:

Claudia said...

fresh mozzarella...mmm...I just bought fresh buffalo mozzarella from Costco yesterday...:)

Jocelyn said...

Perfect time of year for such musings...I have a feeling that 100 things is too limiting for your gratitude!

Michael C said...

A lot to be thankful for indeed. Tonight I am thankful for garlic bread and beef jerky ;-)

Lizza said...

Coffee and sex, haha! They're great...so are living well, laughing often and loving much. Thanks for sharing!

Barb said...

That's a great idea. And maybe we should all try to list just 5 things every night.

Maria said...

Thanks for reminding me... I need to do an update myself! ~m