Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas Favorite Meme







Shadow Falcon was err, kind enough to tag me with this one...and Yeah I usually do them when someone tags me...So here goes:

1. Hot Chocolate or Egg Nog? I'm one of those people who love egg nog, in spite of the cartoon I posted about it's origins ;-)

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He definitely wraps mine....and does a nice job, to boot!

3.Colored lights on tree/house or white? White lights.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, but I carry it around with me just in case..hehe.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually when the spirit hits me, which is about two weeks before Christmas. I can't put them up too early if my heart's not in it.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Believe it or not, lagsagna.

7. Favorite Holiday memory? The Christmas when my brother and I got electric trains to put under the tree from my Dad. We had the whole village...the fun part was taking tinsel from the tree and putting it on the tracks...it used to sizzle and cause train wrecks...(what can I say, I had an older brother who put me up to these tricks). lol.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? When my brother (again) showed me my Dad putting together our bikes on Christmas Eve.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes...

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? White lights, Waterford crystal ornaments (I've been collecting them over the years), red bows, and a few sentimental ornaments from long ago stuck in there too.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it, as long as I don't have to travel in it.

12. Can you ice skate? Yes I can..used to be pretty good at it too...before all the ankle injuries caused me to put it aside.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? This is difficult because there were so many of them. Even though I was sort of a tomboy when I was young, I loved getting dolls from my grandmother.

14. What’s the most important thing? Staying in the spirt of what Christmas is all about and being grateful for family.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? I always make a mean cherry cheese cake and I admit it's my favorite.

17. What tops your tree? An angel

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving of course...

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow...

20. Candy canes, Yuck or Yum? Yuck, they should only be used as decorations.

Peace

I'm tagging Heartinsanfrancisco, Claudia, and Ian.
P.S. I made that coconut mounds cake.....and it's simply heaven!!!!!

13 comments:

Barb said...

MMmmmm.. cheesecake!

Schmoop said...

I wear misletoe around waist from December 15th until the end of New Year's Day.

Lizza said...

White Christmas lights are just so beautiful. And yuck to candy cane too.

Lee said...

I'm so ready for it all to be over! Bah-hum-bug!

mist1 said...

Maybe I should carry mistletoe.

Jocelyn said...

Ooh, mistletoe in pocket. Very clever! Have you tried attaching it to some sort of crown, so that it dangles constantly above your head, wherever you go? What a lovely day you'd have then...

Pickled Olives said...

Nice list. I carried misletoe - only the ugly ones came up for a kiss. Total disappointment.

Odat said...

skittles....yes..yum!

Matt, does it work?

Lizza, yes, i like the white ones...more pure...like me..hahahahhahahah.

lee,
Bah humbug to you too.

Mist,
yeah, there's a hobby for ya!

jocelyn,
we'll see, we'll see...lol

pickled,
omg!! you're kidding? so sorry..lol.

Peace

The CEO said...

You have the recipe for the cake and you'll share it?

Michael C said...

Very, very nice. It put me in the holiday spirit. I open a few presents on Christmas Eve, but for an entirely different reason ;-)

heartinsanfrancisco said...

OK if I do it here instead of on my blog? I envied you the train set. My brother got HO Gauge Lionel trains one year, but I was not allowed to even touch them. They were set up (TWO trains) on a huge table among a whole town of mountains, houses, trees and town buildings, even a couple of tunnels.

Not having a penis put one at a great disadvantage in our house.


1. Hot Chocolate or Egg Nog? Hot chocolate, with whipped cream

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrapped, beautifully

3.Colored lights on tree or white? White lights.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No. I'd rather be kissed for myself or not at all.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Christmas Eve. I take them down on New Year's Day.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? zabaglione

7. Favorite Holiday memory? I liked the times my aunt came and brought my cousins, who were closer in age to me than my brother.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? My brother told me when I was three and he was nine.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Depends.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? White lights, antique ornaments, and a lot of hand crafted ones, some purchased in neat shops and others made by my children when they were kids I always overdo the tinsel.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it, but I don't expect to see any this year

12. Can you ice skate? Yes, but I haven't in years. Must do again soon.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? A record player, which I took to college with me

14. What’s the most important thing? Being with loved ones

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? All of them. I made croquembouche one year long ago. It was disappointing, but pretty.

17. What tops your tree? Star. I also have some angels, but they're not tree toppers.

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving, but receiving is plenty good, too.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Anything by Nat King Cole

20. Candy canes, I always loved them until this year. For some reason, the thrill is gone.

Crankster said...

I miss the lionel trains--we had them when I was a kid. Although they always derailed on the back side of the tree, we loved terrorizing the cats with them, and sending messages to each other.

Maria said...

Oh I love Candy Canes so sorry you don't but it's ok more for me! lol This year I even bought hershe kisses candy canes... ok im obsessed! ~M