I cooked my George Foreman grill. That's right, cooked it. Almost cooked the house too.
It started out innocently enough. I used this grill all the time. The problem was that I didn't have enough counter space for what I was doing at the time so I used the stove top to place the grill on. (It's flat! was one of those nice electric top stoves). I was going to boil some rice along with the grilled vegetables I was making. So I got the pot out and filled it with water, placed it on the OTHER burner and turned on the stove.
Went into the living room to watch the news. All of a sudden I heard this cracking, sizzling type sound and thought..hmmm...vegetables aren't suppose to sizzle like that nor are they supposed to smell like burning plastic!!! Yikes! I ran into the kitchen only to observe that the George Foremen grill was up in flames! I pulled the plug out...grabbed my oven mitts, and threw it out the side door. Was lucky!
The whole house stunk to high heaven like burning plastic. Turned on the attic fan and had to vacate the house for about 4 hours.
I have never replaced my George Foremen grill, may it rest it peace.