Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Aches, Lunch, Sex


Speaking of pains...which I'm not but I read a lot about pain and fellow bloggers being ill and all, I woke up this weekend with my knee all swollen. For the life of me I can't recall if I did anything to cause it. (but if I did, I would have remembered that!) It's the same knee I had the cartiledge removed from 20 years ago! I just hope it's not starting to disintergrate or sompin.....lol. No pain, just swelling. Oh well...I'll just watch it and see what happens. I have been putting ice on it and that helps.

So we round the bend of Monday and made it to Tuesday.
Today...I'm having lunch today with fellow bloggers who are in NYC, Cranky Old Bastard and his nice wife, Misanthropster....(not their real names, their blogging names...which I'm sure you were able to figure out without me telling you...cause you guys are so smart!). I'll write a post about it tomorrow.....I hope.

On another note, I saw this story yesterday and if this is what it takes to live to be a ripe old age, I want no part of it, thank you very much.

What do you think????

HONG KONG - A 107-year-old Hong Kong villager, who still enjoys an occasional smoke, has attributed his longevity in part to decades of sexual abstinence, a newspaper reported Sunday.
"I don't know why I have lived this long," Chan Chi — one of Hong Kong's oldest people — was quoted as saying in the South China Morning Post during an annual feast for the city's elders.
"Maybe it has to do with the fact that I have lived a sex-less life for many years — since I was 30," said Chan, a widower whose youthful bride perished during the Japanese invasion in World War Two.


Peace

14 comments:

Lizza said...

Awww, I hope your knee heals soon, so you can enjoy your lunch date more.

And if the thing in the news report is what it takes to live to a ripe old age...well, bury me now, lol.

RW said...

I guess that I am going to die early if that is the case..lol..hey Odat does your knee bother you in cold weather mine does sense I ripped the cartiledge in it three years ago...right before it snows hurts like crazy..good luck in the lottery!

Schmoop said...

No sex for 70 some years!? What's the point in living? Good luck with the knee odat. Cheers!!

Dean aka Sgt Dub said...

Yeah, I'd shave a few years off that life to have some. glad to see you got a monkey for Monday.

Odat said...

lizza, thanks..and lol. yeah bury me too!

Matt...But it seems like 70 years!!!!! ahahahahaha...thanks for the well wishes...

not...yeah I've got my blog suit on...and I'll try to remember that.

Sgt. Dub, yeah me too sarge, me too
(and I'm a girl saying that! lolololol).

Peace

Odat said...

roger, oh yeah..everytime it rains..i get all sorts of aches...
and thanks for the wishes.
Hope you win too!
Peace

The CEO said...

Say hi to your fellow bloggers for me. I miss them both.

And if I went that long without sex, my wife would kill me. I have this contract, a marriage contract, and you had better not get out of line or you get sued for specific performance. Or something.

The CEO said...

Thinking healing thoughts about your knee.

Odat said...

CEO, I just got back from lunch and it was soooo nice to meet them.....thanks for your healing thoughts I think it's working!

Claudia said...

take care of that knee!!

hmmm...I wonder if he masturbated at all??

CS said...

I was hoping you actually did have friends whose real names were Cranky Old Bastard and Misanthroper. As for the old guy, clealry there are far worse things than death!

Odat said...

claudia, thanks and I'm willing to be that he had to!!! lmao

csl...lol...you're funny!!!

Peace

Pickled Olives said...

I hope your knee gets better quick. enjoy that lunch and tell them we miss them. And clearly, no sex after 30? can you imagine?

Michael C said...

Yikes! More power to her, i guess ;-)