Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A Couple of Bloggers Breaking Bread


Exactly one week ago today, I had the pleasure of meeting up and breaking bread with the famous blogging couple, Crankster http://cranky-bastard.blogspot.com/ and Misanthropster http://misanthropster.blogspot.com/. But I didn't get to meet lil George. They look nothing like their South Park avatars, even tho they'd like you to believe they do. (Well maybe just a little). Poor Mis was just getting over the "ick" and couldn't speak too loudly, if at all. So the Crankster did all the talking. I just wanted to let everyone know how very sweet they were. (and polite too!). Maybe because it was our first meeting and first impressions count and all that.
But I just find it so wild that this blog space here has brought me together with fellow bloggers that I would have otherwise not have ever known about and here we are, meeting up and exchanging pleasantries and sharing a meal and some laughs. It was so great! Actually Crank and Mis are the second and third bloggers who I've met. I also met up with my blogging idol, Boondoggled http://boondoggled.blogspot.com/ last summer as she whizzed by here on her way to Scotland.
I'm hoping I get to see Mis again when she can at least speak...lol. I'm sure I will. And if anyone else is coming to or thru NYC, give me shout!
Peace

19 comments:

RW said...

Odat I would love to visit NYC but unfortunately here in a month and half I will be moving out west(sigh) maybe some day!

Lizza said...

That is so cool. I, too, have met a few fellow bloggers here in Asia.

If I ever find myself in NYC, I sure would love to meet up with you. :-)

Schmoop said...

I have yet to meet anyone. I think folks are avoiding me. Cheers!!

Odat said...

Roger...Where ya going????

Lizza, isn't it great? and if ever I get there, I'll be sure to stop by too!

Matt-man, I don't see why anyone would want to avoid you!!

Not so....oops...but I already knew you before blogging (bb) so it's not like I met you thru a blog!

Peace

* (asterisk) said...

Funny, I just posted about what happens when you meet blogpals a couple of days ago. I've never done it yet, though I'm sure it'd be great fun. Wow, you're really doing it, though!

Lee said...

odat - i'm in NYC all the time so I'll hit you up for sure. So tell me, did you have a picture in your mind of what Crankster and Misanthropster might look like (besides their South Park avatars) and were you surprised by anything?

I always find it fascinating to finally meet someone that I've had phone conversations with. I mentally make a person based on their voice and man, I am always, always way off base!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

hi odat. i'm sick. sick sucks. i hate being sick. sigh..... do you have anything cold to drink in here? i'm looking all around and all i see is a pile of what looks like monkey poop or something. i'm just going to lay down over here for a minute....

smiles, bee

Deb said...

You didn't meet me through a blog either. You knew me long before you started blogging, and used to get a confused expression on your face when I would tell you I'm in the blog world catching up on the news.

I remember it clearly...... oh wait. I'll save that for my "Quote of the Week!"

hehe

Deb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The CEO said...

I'd love to go to NYC. I can't remember the last time I was there. Is Crankster tall, dark, and handsome, with hair, and no beard, and Misanthrope, simply gorgeous, like you?

M@ said...

Well, I can honestly say my blogging has led to one romantic tryst and a good number of friends. :)

Odat said...

*(asterik) yeah it's really wild to meet blog buddies!

Lee, yeah let me know when you're in town!!! The only thing I was surprised about is how young they are and how old I feel...lol...they're such a cute couple!!!!

Bee, so sorry you're not feeling well....hugs....but you're going to have to get up now and go home..i need this space. ;-)

deb, shhhhhhh....you're going to get me in more trouble now...geeze!

CEO, come on up!!!! Yes they're both beautiful people....a lotta fun too. Smart too!!!

Matt...WTG good for you!!!

C... said...

Ooh NYC - I may need to give you a shout soon.

C... said...

Ooh NYC - I may need to give you a shout soon.

Ian said...

I think you all need to come out here to the Wild Wild West and see lil' ol' me. :)

Ian

Michael C said...

If I ever get to NYC, I definitely will. Although I should be honest, a hate to travel ;-)

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

getting up and going home odat, sigh...

smiles, bee

Pickled Olives said...

Ah, it sounds like it was a good time. I rarely get into the city even though I'm only an hour and a half away. Next time I plan on going to the city, I'll let you know. If you ever come up to CT let me know. Love to get together.

Odat said...

Hiya C...sure anytime.

Ian, I have to go out to the "Wild West" to visit "Wild Ian"? lol.

Bee...ok now....sleep well, hope you had a nice nap.

pickled...yeah it was really cool.