Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Sunday Sillies


Some silly facts you really don't need to know:


Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite

No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, or purple.

Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.

John Lennon's first girlfriend was named Thelma Pickles.

The only real person to be a Pez head was Betsy Ross.

The characters Bert and Ernie on Sesame Street were named after Bert the cop and Ernie the taxi driver in Frank Capra's "Its A Wonderful Life."


And there you have it...Sunday Sillies.


Peace

12 comments:

Dean aka Sgt Dub said...

Ernie with his top hat opening the door, classic funny.
Who tested the rubberbands, and....why?
Hope your weekend is going well.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

You got me with the picture. Said it all. Hope your weekend was as relaxing.

Mimi Lenox said...

Who let that squirrel in here??!!

I need to lie down.

RW said...

Haha those are great!! cute photo to!! see ya for monkey Monday Odat;D

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i wonder how one would go about getting a pez head made? ha ha ha ha
i am still cracking myself up here odat! i was just picturing sarge as a pez head. now every time i see him i will think "there's the little pez head now".... poor sarge, putting up with me for 39 years!

smiles, bee

Michael C said...

I really like what you did today. Although I have to challenge you on the PEZ thing. Santa got a PEZ head. Are you telling me that isn't a real person?

Ouch...

Pickled Olives said...

wook at da cute puppy!!! Thanks for the trivia

Lizza said...

Awwww, that puppy pic is so cute.

Ernie & Bert are two of my favorite muppets, but I didn't know they were named after characters in a movie. Thanks for the info! :-)

Have a great week, Odat.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

odat i had to come back here and read what i wrote after your comment and i have to say i have no knowledge of this at all. sigh... do you think someone is impersonating me? (omg, i really am nuts!)

smiles, bee

CS said...

I remember the first time I noticed that the cop & taxi driver had the same names as the muppets. I watch "It's a WOnderful Life" every Christmas.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

I had no idea that nothing rhymed with those words. Of course I'm tryiing to come up with some. Hmmmm.

I want to be a Pez Head. Or a Bobble Head. I'm not fussy. I'll take my 15 minutes any way I can get it.

* (asterisk) said...

I knew about "orange" but not the other two. Cool.